This lesson explores the animals of tropical rainforests and includes:
- Detailed PPT explaining the difference between vertebrate and invertebrate and introducing some of the rainforest animals.
- Interesting and beautifully presented living things facts files to support students learning.
- World map activity with three levels of differentiation. Students will use the animal fact files to work out the location of animals and add them to the world map, some will add vertebrate/invertebrate and add extra information about each animal.
National Curriculum objectives:
- Locate the world’s countries, using maps to focus on Europe (including the location of
Russia) and North and South America, concentrating on their environmental regions, key physical and human characteristics, countries, and major cities
- Use maps, atlases, globes and digital/computer mapping to locate countries and
describe features studied
Y3: explore the requirements of plants for life and growth (air, light, water, nutrients from soil, and room to grow) and how they vary from plant to plant.
Maps provided by https://freevectormaps.com.